Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Getting a GCC Update

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Getting a GCC Update

Postby Trick or 'Tiel » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:13 pm

Yesterday I went to the breeder's house to look at her available GCC babies. Before in her email she said that she had three pineapple conures, but when I got there she had already sold them. But, there was a beautiful yellow sided that loved to hang upside down on my finger so I think I'm going to get him/her. The personality of the bird is always more important than the looks, so even though I really like the pineapples, this is a really cuddly, acrobatic bird and I still think the yellow sided are beautiful. She also had a turquoise and cinnamon turquoise, but I decided to go with the little yellow sided. The breeder also has tiels and lovies that I played with a little, but I'm going to get the GCC. By the way, this is a great breeder who gets excited every time new babies hatch and treats them all like her pets.
Trick or 'Tiel
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel, Budgie
Flight: Yes

Re: Getting a GCC Update

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:20 pm

I prefer the yellow-sided ones over any other mutation but won't you consider adopting a bird that needs a good home? There is no such thing as a good breeder, you know? Nobody who loves parrots would breed them to be human pets...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Trick or 'Tiel » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:22 pm

The reason I chose to buy one from a breeder is because I don't want the bird to have had a traumatic past and be afraid of everything. I want a handfed baby so it could bond to me quickly and this home would be all it would ever know. Also, I don't believe in the "parrots are not pets" argument because while it would have been ideal if people never captured wild parrots in the first place, they are here to stay and people will continue breeding them anyway because let's face it, we love them as pets even though they're a lot of work and I couldn't imagine a world where nobody kept parrots. Even though they aren't really meant to be pets, captive bred, "tame" birds can never be released in the wild and they will continue to be our pets. So even though this bird should have never actually existed, it would have just ended up in a worse home that would clip its wings and keep it in a tiny cage. The bird is already here, so I'm just choosing who to bring home, the baby who was loved or the traumatized, stressed adult who was given up because they couldn't take care of it. I read in another post that if you're going to get a baby, you should choose one from a small breeder and that's what I'm doing.
Trick or 'Tiel
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel, Budgie

Postby Pajarita » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:58 am

Ahhhh, I see what your reasoning is... problem is, the premises on which you base it are not all facts.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Parrot Species