Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Einstein CAG battles a foe!

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Einstein CAG battles a foe!

Postby Pajarita » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:22 am

It's a hilarious video of Einstein fighting the dust pan. Look how mad he looks! :lol:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/downtime ... vi-AAqbkD7
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Einstein CAG battles a foe!

Postby liz » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:04 am

This is nothing new to me. It feels like nothing in my house has gone untouched. I have a thing to hang my broom, mop and duster. Myrtle will even land on them and chew up any part that is chewable. Everything shows the marks of a parrot demolition.
Myrtle has even chewed her way into the top of my pantry cabinet then chewed all the packages on the top shelf. She ignores my calls when I am looking for her and only makes a noise when she needs help getting out. My son has had to protect it with thick plywood.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:36 am

:lol: Yes, households with parrots always show 'signs' of their living in them. My window moldings will need 'fixing' very soon - thankfully, we have figured out a way of doing it easily by putting a molding 'border' on all the edges so, when they chew it, it's just a matter of replacing it and painting it... but even the 'easy fix' strains my husband's patience :D
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:35 am

I bought an old house for than reason. As sloppy as Rachel is I don't care if I leave her a house with parrot marks. This is probably my last house and I an my critters are living in it the way we want.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:28 am

And more power to you, Liz!! I decided a long time ago [when I had cancer, actually] that I was done trying to live my life the 'mainstream way' and the resolution has made me SOOOOO much happier! I don't even remember the last time I woke up without being eager to start the day...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby stevesjk » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:09 am

Have you ever thought about putting objects that the birds are a bit unsure of on things you dont want chewed?
stevesjk
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal parrot budgie

Postby liz » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:42 am

What kind of things would that be. Myrtle does out of sight out of mind. If she is getting into something small I can just throw a towel or table cloth on it. I can't do that with my whole house.

I have no idea what would deter parrots when they really want to get at them. Rachel had to start covering her jewelry chest when Myrtle started flying. She was opening the door and stealing. She even pulled the drawers open to thieve.

She is stronger now and can open my kitchen cabinets. I put hair ties on the knobs.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Return to General Parrot Care