Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

YARD SALE AMAZON

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

YARD SALE AMAZON

Postby Bird woman » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:12 pm

It has come to my attention that a 25 year old amazon named fouler is part of an estate sale today probably going to the highest bidder. How absolutely shameful. The address is 7690 45th st. N. Pinellas Park , Florida. 315 391 9808 If any loving family's live close he needs to be saved from just being treated like a piece of merchandise. How shameful to put your companion in a sale. :oops: sale is today and tomorrow. Pray for fowler
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Re: YARD SALE AMAZON

Postby Pajarita » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:36 am

Imagine that! An intelligent being put up for auction! We are really a truly despicable species generally speaking, aren't we?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:44 am

Yes, humans are so cruel. I fear for the plight of this intelligent being.

What could happen is just a little less than buying and selling slaves. The slaves were tortured and punished but the bird has no idea what is going on.
If no one can take him I wonder how we would get information about this forum added to him for the new owner.

I have to check to see how far away he is. I could foster him until someone in this forum can take him in.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Georges mom » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:43 pm

That both breaks my heart and sickens me. To think what could happen to that poor bird. Shame on those people. If I ever came across any animal being sold at a tag/estate sale I'd grab it. Poor thing :(
Georges mom
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow naped amazon parrot
Flight: No

Postby Pajarita » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:17 am

This happens all the time. When I had the rescue, I took in a quaker that had been put for sale at a garage sale - the lady who brought it to me saw it and, loving animals, could not just leave it there so she bought it. An avian vet, close friend of the president and founder of the Colorado rescue The Gabriel Foundation, once put over 400 pairs of breeding parrots and an undisclosed number of 'singles' up for auction upon her divorce [her husband and her had to split the 'assets']. A couple of friends of mine sent somebody and got a macaw and a cockatoo from that auction - the cockatoo stayed at a rescue but the macaw, which was originally intended for my friend, was sent to Foster Parrots so he could live with other macaws as he was way too traumatized to be anybody's pet.

I said it before and I'll say it again: as long as companion animals are considered objects and property under the law, they will continue to suffer! And you can thank the veterinarians for the fact that new laws have not been passed.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby alienlady » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:43 am

Poor bird . That has really turned my stomach. I can't believe just how low humanity has become, it's horrific.
alienlady
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon

Postby seagoatdeb » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:27 pm

it really saddens me to hear that. The lack of respect for the other living beings on this planet of all animals is sad.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby rainraven » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:57 pm

An estate sale often means that the owner has died, and does not know what is happening to the bird. Inheritors may not know or not respect any plans made for the bird.
rainraven
Parakeet

Types of Birds Owned: Budgerigar
Flight: No

Postby liz » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:54 am

I have rescued a few that lost their human and were being passed around by the family.
So much so that the family did not even remember their names. How sad. His human is gone. He has no one to depend on.
Even if his human was with him a yard sale would be tramatic to the bird.

If I was there I would get it before it went up for bids. I am not ready to have another large bird but would find someone in the forum who could care for him better than the care I can give.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Return to Introductions