Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Man wants justice for his murdered gray!

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Man wants justice for his murdered gray!

Postby Pajarita » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:43 am

This is about an African gray that was killed by a friend of the owner's roomie for NO GOOD REASON!!!! I don't blame the man wanting justice but I seriously doubt he is going to get it because the most that the courts will do is have the man reimburse the money the owner paid for the bird. I've said it before and I'll say it again: we need to change the laws so a beloved pet bird is not considered a piece of property, just like a table or a chair! Education goes only so far with people... you can't educate evil out of a person's soul.

http://www.abc10.com/news/local/sacrame ... /458748106
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Man wants justice for his murdered gray!

Postby Bird woman » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:42 pm

Well I'll tell you , first off now the only justice for this parrot since it's been made very public is monetary value and maybe animal cruelty charges which he will most likely get probation. The bigger picture suggests to me that this sub-human will become a problem to people as well. This was very cold and calculated and deserves nothing less than him ending with the same fate. I would be very interested in hearing the results of the necropsy report so I can send this man prayers to recieve the same fate as he inflicted on this poor bird. HE DESERVES NOTHING LESS!!!! CARMA CAN BE A REAL BITCH.
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:09 am

Yes, we have known for years and years now the strong link between animal cruelty and antisocial behavior -psychopathy and sociopathy- and, if for nothing else, the cruelty laws should be updated because of this fact -an ounce of prevention and all that!- BUT, as most of us know, big money drives our political system and PIJAC, the lobbying arm of the pet industry, is BIG money so every time there is an attempt to change the animal cruelty laws, PIJAC stops it!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby dadj » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:37 pm

I do not know the laws in US but in Europe if it is an act of cruelty against the pet (and in this case it seems like that) then things are not "easy" for the killer. I guess the same holds for US.
dadj
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: senegal parrot

Postby Bird woman » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:32 pm

NO , IN THE U.S. THEY ARE NOT HARD ENOUGH ON THESE SUB HUMANS ONLY IF THEY DO IT REPEATEDLY. THERES JUST QUITE A FEW OF US OUT THERE THAT WOULD TAKE MATTERS INTO OUR OWN HANDS AND MAKE SURE THEY GOT WHATS COMING TO THEM !!!! :thumbsup:
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Pajarita » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:36 am

Europe, in general, is much more advanced in terms of animal rights and care than USA. Here, animals are property, just like a chair or a table, so unless it's a case of extreme and repeated cruelty, there is no real punishment [if you destroy somebody's table, all you have to do is give him money to buy another one]. PIJAC, the lobbying arm of the pet industry, is extremely rich and powerful [it's a multibillion dollar industry, after all] and it makes sure that animals have no rights - and, unfortunately for the animals, the politicians would rather please the rich industry than do anything right for the animals. And, although it sounds as if politicians are all in their pocket, in reality, the main problem is that, whenever animal lovers propose a change in animal cruelty laws, the politicians consult with veterinarians about it because they consider them the 'experts' and they always act against the animals best interest because, if animals had more rights, it would mean they could be sued which would, in turn, demolish their bottom line [profit].
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Return to Parrot Tales