Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Parrots not good for seniors.

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Parrots not good for seniors.

Postby Bird woman » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:11 pm

Just had to weigh in on this! A big part of what I look for when seeking parronts for a new bird is compatibility first but just as much I try to match ages or circumstances with extended family when placing a bird. If it's a retired couple such as the 40 year old macaw Mathew that has seizures new parronts , they have worked out story book perfect because I took ages , family circumstances and life style into consideration when matching them up with Mathew. :thumbsup:
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Re: Parrots not good for seniors.

Postby Pajarita » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:37 am

Exactly! Rules are general and they should be taken into consideration but anybody who adopts out animals knows that the decision is always best done on a case-by-case basis!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Parrot Tales