Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Parrot thief!!!

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Parrot thief!!!

Postby Pajarita » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:29 am

Please see if you can help identify the woman who stole Max by sharing the posting.

Now, don't get me wrong, what the woman did was absolutely despicable but why wasn't somebody monitoring the store? Why are the parrots accessible to strange people? Why wasn't there some sort of a security system that would beep or something when a parrot is taken out? And last but not least $1,600 for a caique?! Are they crazy?!

http://www.wnem.com/story/36482304/caug ... igan-store
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Parrot thief!!!

Postby liz » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:29 am

I went to a pet shop where all the social birds were let out after breakfast. They all stayed on top or close to thier cage unless they were traveling on some ones shoulders.

A little parrot, though I don't remember what is was, jumped on my shoulder. She traveled around with me while I brows. I told the sales manager that she should really be afraid that someone will walk out the door with a bird still on it's shoulder. She did not really know what I said and took the bird from me and caged it. She did not bother to question me instead she reacted to the few words she caught. I was meaning that the cashier should stay in the front and watch for such things.

These birds were too socialized and should only have been let out to fly while the store was closed.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby liz » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:37 am

The TV news people like stories like this one. When my cousins male Emu went "walk about" I told her to contact her local station. They ran Easter the Emu information and films of the others for two days at various times. Sightings came in and though he had traveled a good distance away. He was found in the neighbors barn trying to get back home. The good news was reported for another couple days.

Where I lived in NC there were two ponds separated by a road. Instead of flying or when they had babies the geese would walk across the road. When I saw how many were being killed I contacted the local TV station. They wanted to do an on sight interview with me to bring it to the publics attention. (At that time I was high on prednisone and barely looked human so I could not do it.) I regret not doing it to this day.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:03 am

I hear you! Bird stores are so keen on selling that they forget it's easy to hide a bird inside a coat or even walk away with one in your hand, like this woman did. Why doesn't somebody come up with some kind of a tag that could be attached to their leg band that would activate an alarm at the door like they have for clothing and such? I wouldn't mind if the bird ended up with somebody who is going to take good care of it but somebody who stoops as low as to steal a living animal that is not been abused [I would have NO problem with this!], is not somebody I would trust to do the right thing.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Introductions