Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Rhode Island Parrot Rescue

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Parrot Rescue!

Postby liz » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:10 am

I raised my kids that way too. Distract instead of discipline. Trade instead of taking away. My Tiels are like 11 little kids in a nursery school.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Postby Navre » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:05 pm

We have about 7 or 8 birds who are pending adoption!
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby Navre » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:49 pm

In the last week we have had a parrotlet, a Senegal, and a Macaw all find homes.
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:00 am

Great news! But I hope you adopted out the plet to sombebody who had other plets! I am convinced that the little ones are never happy on their own...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Navre » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:45 am

Pajarita wrote:Great news! But I hope you adopted out the plet to sombebody who had other plets! I am convinced that the little ones are never happy on their own...

I think that's the case, but we suddenly had several people looking at our single p'let, and I lost track of who was who.
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby Navre » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:04 pm

Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:36 am

Great news! Moustaches are beautiful birds and, for what I have read and heard, they seem to be pretty mild-tempered, like all psittaculas.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Navre » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:39 pm

Pajarita wrote:Great news! Moustaches are beautiful birds and, for what I have read and heard, they seem to be pretty mild-tempered, like all psittaculas.

She's pretty great. She looks absolutely wonderful now. She has been with us for just over a year, and she looks a lot healthier. She is pretty friendly.

We only had one other mustache since I've been here. She was part of a bonded pair. She was paired up with a black capped conure.
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby Navre » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:42 pm

I can't figure out why I'm no longer subscribed to this thread. Even when I post again, I'm not subscribed. I've just bookmarked it.
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

Postby Navre » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:21 pm

Donna, our female Bodines Amazon went home yesterday. She came in from a seizure about a year ago. She was originally paired with Bear, a male Bodines, but after watching them for a while, we determined that the two birds were not bonded and we separated them. Both birds seemed much happier after being separated, and Donna found her people and went home yesterday.

Floppy also went home yesterday. He is a yellow-morph of a scaly breasted Lory. He is certainly our most spirited lory, which is to say he was full of personality. Full of love for those he loves, and full of bites for others, including me. Lory bites don’t really hurt, which is a good thing!
Navre
African Grey

Hooded Parrot

PreviousNext

Return to General & Off Topic