Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Increase in poaching

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Increase in poaching

Postby Pajarita » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:51 am

As I have been sharing with you, India is really trying to curb poaching but it seems that it's getting worse all the time. Funny thing is, I always thought of the greatest majority of Indians as animal lovers [because of the role of animals in Hinduism] but, apparently, it was a misconception on my part [almost 1,800 parrots seized in a single swoop!]

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/o ... 715812.ece
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Increase in poaching

Postby Navre » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:13 am

There is a growing non-hindu minority in India. There are 172 Million moslems, for example. That's like half the US population right there.
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby Navre » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:40 pm

My daughter lived in India last summer. She said that the followers of Janism had a big bird hospital where they took care of all wild and captive birds.
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:08 pm

It makes sense because Jainism is all about respect for ALL life and its natural cycles.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Housing