Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Florida wild life

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Florida wild life

Postby Pajarita » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:17 am

:lol: OMG! Can you imagine the reaction of the guest opening the door to see who it was?!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby liz » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:57 am

I think it was four kittens and a very large cat that was taken by hawks and eagles. Our black cat has been able to survive. We found what looks like a talon mark on her back. It looks as if a hawk miscalculated her weight. She has one deep hole in her side where she was grabbed.

In NC there was a family of red tailed hawks. One of them grabbed my Chick Chick and ripped her back off down to the muscle. I used neosporen to keep her would clean and not drying. She was ripped from her neck to her tail and to her wings. I watch the miracles of GOD grow skin out of muscle and add feathers to it.

Chick Chick was lucky to survive.
Last edited by liz on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:30 am

I don't allow any of my cats to go outside... too dangerous for them.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:22 am

That is true. The thing is if I don't it would be like keeping them in a cage. Even my birds are cage free. Jake the Boxer has a little more than a quarter acre to be in but to me it is still a cage.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:34 am

No, a cat that has the run of a home does not live 'in a cage', Liz. Once cats are castrated, the desire for roaming disappears and, as long as they have a window to look out the measly few hours that they are truly active [cats sleep 16 hours a day when young and 20 when older], a nice comfy bed, some enrichment items [things like toys, tunnels, boxes or cubes to hide in, a high condo, scratchers, etc] and food, they are super happy.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby liz » Fri May 11, 2018 6:08 am

GDTB had a video of a gator being mobbed by a family of geese on a golf course.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Fri May 11, 2018 9:03 am

:lol: Bully for them!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby liz » Thu May 24, 2018 10:38 am

Good Day Tampa Bay had a video with a fox running with his rabbit catch. A Bald Eagle flew down and grabbed the rabbit. The fox held on up to 25 feet in the air before he let go.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Fri May 25, 2018 9:32 am

Yes, it was on many new sites - including online.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby liz » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:27 am

I don't remember what town but GDTB has videos of 300 or so wild chickens taking over a town. It started with a few getting loose and the town enjoying them. They are now trying to vote on what to do with so many chickens. The roosters start crowing at 5 am. Can you even imagine how dirty that town is now. I am sure there are no bugs or mice in that town.
With no one picking them up there are probably rotten eggs everywhere. The town needs to hire an egg collector.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

PreviousNext

Return to General & Off Topic