Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

New Carpet

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

New Carpet

Postby jhuff » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:32 am

I know i have read on here that new carpet fumes are toxic to birds. We are potentially moving into a new apartment complex. The bottom floor has Hardwood; the second floor, that has the bedrooms and office, will be carpet. They have already installed the carpet and we probably wont be moving in for another, couple of months. Is there like a time frame for the fumes to go away? Do you think two months from now, will be enough time? Thanks!
Binx's Mom.
jhuff
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot
Flight: No

Re: New Carpet

Postby Michael » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:55 pm

Ok, I cannot speak as an expert or from experience, but I think a few weeks should suffice. If you can leave all windows open for a few non rainy days, that will create a draft and they will vent out much quicker. Another thing you can do is leave the bathroom and kitchen vents on and they will help suck air/fumes out of the place.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Postby joyce19 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:30 am

Hey,

I recently shifted from Australia to Canada and here I need some beautiful Carpet for my new house., So, please suggest me how much does It Cost to buy a new carpet?

Thank you in advance.
joyce19
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Postby liz » Tue May 22, 2018 5:40 am

I am in Florida now but have moved many times in my life. I have found that carpet is cheaper than hard floors. My aunt changed her carpets 3 times before going hard floors. I prefer hard floors with area rugs for color.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet