Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

New to the Forum

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

New to the Forum

Postby alleng8304 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:15 pm

New to this forum. I have a rescue Quaker Parrot that I am working with to get over his fears -named Stonewall jackson and a Parakett-very tame- named Joey. Both birds talk
alleng8304
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Quaker Parrot
Parakeet
Flight: Yes

Re: New to the Forum

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:47 am

Welcome to the forum, Allen, Stoney and Joey!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:12 am

alleng8304 wrote:New to this forum. I have a rescue Quaker Parrot that I am working with to get over his fears -named Stonewall jackson and a Parakett-very tame- named Joey. Both birds talk

Don't "work with her". Every thing is so alien to her. She needs to get used to her new surrounding and decide that you are not going to eat her. Ignore her but be with her. Sing to her and talk to her. Be around and let her get to know you before you ask her for anything. Let her come to you before you go to her. She will let you know when she is ready.

Her cage is the only thing she can claim as her own so try to limit the time cleaning and feeding. Also keep your hands palm down.

Long before Myrtle adjusted to me and her new surroundings, she would jump off her cage (her wings were clipped) then walk to me and climb up to my shoulder for me to walk her back to the top of her cage. No hands used.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby seagoatdeb » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:42 am

Welcomme
seagoatdeb