Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

My name is Frank.Im looking for a free parrot

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

My name is Frank.Im looking for a free parrot

Postby Shobotown » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:46 am

contact me at Shobotown@yahoo.com :sun:
Shobotown
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Nandy Conure
Flight: No

Re: My name is Frank.Im looking for a free parrot

Postby Michael » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:05 am

Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:33 am

Personally, I don't have anything against a free parrot. Almost all my birds came to me for free and all the ones that I've given away have always been free of charge [same as dogs and cats]. This is because I believe that commercializing companion animals is wrong. It diminishes them... makes them an object that can be bought or sold to whoever has the money to pay for them. And that is morally wrong, in my personal opinion. But it is true that they are expensive animals to keep well so if the reason for wanting a free parrot is because the person doesn't have the money to pay full price for it, then the whole premise is wrong.
Last edited by Pajarita on Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:41 am

That is a very bored person who wants to entertain himself by getting us riled up. Ignore him and maybe he will go away.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:46 am

I don't think so, Liz. I see ads on CL all the time asking for a free parrot - same as a free dog, puppy or kitten [nobody ever asks for a free adult cat because they are always offered free of charge].
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:43 am

When I see adds asking for free birds, I think flipper. If it is free it has no value to the new owner.

I have been given free birds but only after I offered to pay rehoming. The owners had no intention to charge for the birds but wanted to make sure only a loving person will get it.

Looking back, Phoenix and Flutter came from a flipper. I paid a rehoming fee of $60 for Phoenix. The man said he was too ugly to rehome. My highest rehoming was for Phoenix. Those two birds came to the car in little cardboard boxes. I did not see them until I got them home.

If a person cannot afford paying for a bird then he cannot afford a bird.

I am still looking for a female Lutino cockatiel. I will pay rehoming but will not buy it. I really want to get one who really needs me and the flock.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:00 am

I also would not just give a bird to somebody asking for one but I rehome free of charge.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Return to Introductions