Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Flying My Parrots in the Back Yard

Comment or discuss articles from the trained parrot blog.

Postby Michael » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:23 pm

Photos, video, and article of my parrots flying in my enclosed backyard for training exercise.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Re: Flying My Parrots in the Back Yard

Postby TIGGER » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:23 pm

:swaying: :macaw: hi I love your backyard set up its awesome.i thought by the look in your home u lived in a house in Brooklyn cause of the birds room its huge and very nice set up.i see u live at looks like apt homes that has 2 floors I have a good friend who lives at a home like the ones around your neighborhood but in queens.its been a long time since I visit around other Brooklyn areas.thanks for sharing would like to see more of the birds room set up thanks
TIGGER
Parakeet

Types of Birds Owned: white bellied caquie blue headed pionus n maximilloin pionus
Flight: No

Postby Pajarita » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:43 am

But where is Truman? Was he there? I did not see him...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Michael » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:06 pm

You probably saw the 2nd (older 360 video). Watch the more recent one above it.
Michael
Macaw

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby Shilden_72 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:23 am

That video's mesmerizing! I actually have a redneck version of this at home for my birds to fly in; right now, we don't let our quaker parrot out because it's too cold, but our dove and pigeon don't mind the weather.

Actually, we've been considering for the last few months buying this house on the Costa Blanca in Spain since I've gotten a job I can do from home (I have gotten somehow much more productive since I began working with a bird on my shoulder!) and I think that building an outside flying space for our birds could be something good. Plus, the climate there would be much, MUCH better for our little Molniya, since we have to come up with makeshift measures for her to be okay during winter here.

So, if you had the choice, what would you do for your birds to enjoy some fresh air? Would it e better to build a chain-link flying space, to have them fly semi-freely with bird harnesses, or to go for another solution? So far, nothing's already built, so all options are open.
Shilden_72
Parakeet

Types of Birds Owned: 1 Quaker Parrot, 1 ring-necked dove, 1 street pigeon

Postby Pajarita » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:26 pm

OMG, one of my brothers lives in Torre Vieja which is in the Costa Blanca!!! It's beautiful there and yes, the climate is perfect for quakers.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Shilden_72 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:46 am

Thanks, awesome! I had a small doubt in terms of climate due to the ambient humidity (since the region is relatively dry, while parrots naturally live in very humid jungles) but if the weather is right for my quaker, then it's great.
Shilden_72
Parakeet

Types of Birds Owned: 1 Quaker Parrot, 1 ring-necked dove, 1 street pigeon

Return to TrainedParrot.com - Parrot Training Blog Comments