Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

how can i find my green cheek conure that has flown away

Discuss topics associated with teaching birds to fly. Training parrots recall flight, target flying, and other flying exercises.

how can i find my green cheek conure that has flown away

Postby zuraida_cassim » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:26 am

hi guys and ladies, my gcc flew out a gap in the open window yesterday, i live in a bustling city, how can i even call out and do all these suggestions for getting my bird back when there are so many factors against me at this stage?
please
please
please help, my life feels incomplete without his little personality
i need help
zuraida_cassim
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: green cheek conure
Flight: Yes

Re: how can i find my green cheek conure that has flown away

Postby Pajarita » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:37 am

You need to go out there and not come back in until you find her. Take binoculars with you and call her the way you would normally call her to you and, I REPEAT, do NOT come back in until you see her. She is not far away but they do hide from fear of the unfamiliar so you need to be there so she can see and hear you. Oh, and do not expect her to fly down to you as this is something that scared birds never do so, if you spot her on a tree or a ledge or whatever, be ready to go up with a ladder.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Michael » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:05 am

Also bring a bag of your conure's favorite treats and shake it around. And have a food bowl too. Finding the bird is the hardest part but you're not out of the woods until you get it back down safely.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby zuraida_cassim » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:38 pm

thank you so much for these suggestions, because this is my first bird being the green cheek conure, may i ask... is it possible my gcc could go to another human while in search for me or perhaps for human contact?
reason being he only ever eats with me and my family on the table, i am worried sick he may not know how to feed himself even worse, needing my love, warmth and comfort...
please
also just to keep you up to speed, its been just over 24 hours now since birdi flew out, and it rained and thundered a bit today here in Durban, South Africa. i wish on all my lucky stars this wont go in vain... i need to search and find him, soooo many buildings, a train line, absolute chaos in the city, please pray for me.
zuraida_cassim
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: green cheek conure

Postby Pajarita » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:37 am

They die of dehydration before they die of starvation so, if it has been raining and not cold, she still has a chance...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Recall Flight & Flighted Tricks