Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

new

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

new

Postby Phoenix2018 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:25 am

hi, my names melanie, im from MI and am 37, i have a baby ciaque that has been with me for 3 weeks. hes a handful. I had a sun conure for 16 years and he suddenly passed in Nov.
Phoenix2018
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: I HAVE BABY CIAQUE
Flight: No

Re: new

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:50 am

Hi, Melanie. Welcome to the forum and sorry for your loss. Did you have a necropsy done on the sunnie? I hope you have because necropsies are very useful to owners... people usually think that it's only necessary in case of disease but it's also useful to determine if the cause was indeed something that could not be prevented or if it was something we did or did not do.

Caiques are adorable! I have a black cap male named Javi and he is more than a handful! Be careful about what you feed it because, aside from the fact that all babies should get soft food served twice a day, fresh and warm to wean properly, caiques cannot be free-fed protein as they are mostly fruit eaters in the wild. Javi had been free-fed protein food and I have not been able to eliminate the soft molt that this caused even though he has been with me for over a year! They are VERY sensitive to the wrong diet...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions