Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Kili the Dodo

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Kili the Dodo

Postby Michael » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:06 pm

After a decent training session I was ready to put Kili away to eat her pellets. She flew onto my shoulder and watched my pour her pellets after I weighed her. Normally I put her in the cage after one last trick but today I was going to let her go in herself. She flew off my shoulder to land on the doorway of her cage but missed and ended up landing on top of the cage. She wanted to fly down to get into cage. Usually she'll fly down in a cork screw pattern and land on the doorway and then climb in.

Well today she messed that up and landing on the wrong side of the cage. She kept climbing the outside bars of her cage not knowing how to get in. Eventually she went around the cage 270 and was blocked by the open cage door. She didn't have the sense to climb over or under the cage door and go right in. I watched her helplessly climbing around the cage several minutes. She was mad cause she could see her food inside and could not get to it. I got bored so I started walking away and left her to figure it out on her own.

Before you know it, Kili flew out and zipped by me and landed on the perch just in front of me. She stood there and waited for me to go put her in the cage :lol:
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Re: Kili the Dodo

Postby Wolgrub » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:15 pm

I've seen Kili on YouTube. She seemed pretty clear-headed there. Perhaps she was having an off day?
Wolgrub
Parrotlet

Types of Birds Owned: African Grey and Senegal parrots

Re: Kili the Dodo

Postby Michael » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:17 pm

Yeah. This is basically a joke. I just think it's funny that she couldn't figure out how to go in her cage when she's so good at other tricks and so smart. She finally decided to give up trying to get in and flew to get me to do it instead :lol:
Michael
Macaw

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Return to General & Off Topic