Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Kevin

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Kevin

Postby Megschristina » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:21 pm

I have just joined the forum after reading an article on the most basic info to tame / train my parrot. He is an Indian Ringneck and only about four months old. He’s just gotten so I can sit right next to his. Cage and he will continue to eat or play and even show off a bit sometimes. I also have a husband and a four year old daughter sharing a space with Kevin. He seems to like my daughter best but probably because she is short and his perch in cage is taller than her.
Megschristina
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Indian ring neck (male)
Previously a parakeet, a rooster and a lot of pigeons
Flight: No

Re: Kevin

Postby Pajarita » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 am

Hi, Meg (or Christina?) and Kevin. Welcome to the forum! How do you know that Kevin is a boy? Because, at four months of age, they don't have the ring yet... Also, why do you say that you are now able to sit next to him? Did he freak out before? If so, wasn't he hand-fed and aren't you still handfeeding him?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions