Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Solstice 2019

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Solstice 2019

Postby Pajarita » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:57 am

I forgot to mention this yesterday. June 21 was the longest day of the year and its night the shortest. Now the days will start getting shorter and shorter so, in a matter of two or three weeks, you will see a change in your birds. The long day breeding season comes to a close and the short day starts. But that doesn't mean that one should have different diets for them, you need to follow the seasons all the time and don't try to second-guess nature. This is also the time to start adding sesame seed in the diets of the long day breeders because they will start molt very soon.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Solstice 2019

Postby GreenWing » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:08 am

Thanks for this reminder. Chance has been showing a preference for my spouse in the last couple of days and I know it's because of her mating season.
GreenWing
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey ♥

Postby Navre » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:40 am

I always forget the sesame seed thing.
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:02 am

Well, now you are reminded :lol: I keep a mental note of what to do/expect with the solstices and the equinoxes... it has become second nature by now after so many years of keeping track.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet