Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Not parrot but wild baby bird care

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Not parrot but wild baby bird care

Postby Pajarita » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:40 am

A rescue is asking for help in Oakland Ca to care for 89 baby egrets and herons (they need volunteers and donations) that fell from their nests when the old ficus tree where they were fell down.

Read about it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... d79efb2d5d

Video: https://www.wionews.com/videos/nearly-1 ... ree-236877
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Not parrot but wild baby bird care

Postby liz » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:52 am

I volunteer at the Wild Life Rescue part of NC zoo. The highest we had was 50. When I got in that room I would just get the last one fed when I had to feed the first one again. No one else wanted in that room so I did it myself. Four hours of that was really strenuous.

The hardest to feed were the swifts. When I would lifted their lid to feed them only one would stay to be fed. The others went straight to the ceiling before coming down to eat.

It was amazing to watch the change in them in the matter of a day.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:12 am

Yes, feeding baby birds is real hard because you can't go anywhere or do anything but be there to do it over and over and over...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:08 am

One has already been released! Check the cute pictures of the babies!

http://www.ktvu.com/news/ktvu-local-new ... -fairfield
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Return to General Parrot Care