Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Old people and pets

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Re: Old people and pets

Postby Pajarita » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:39 am

:lol: Old parrots do learn new tricks! When it comes to diet, I have found that, although it means a huge waste of money, in the long run it pays to keep on insisting with items they seem to dislike because, sooner or later, they will eat them. I have found they are very much like people in the sense that, we, humans, as we get older, change our prefernces and stuff we couldn't stand when we were children or younger, we start to like and even love.

Very nice to see you back!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby seagoatdeb » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:49 am

Thanks we moved so I was very busy for a while. Gaugan took really well to the move. Sunny had a harder time, but he is slowly beginning to trust his new surroundings.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby Pajarita » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:55 am

Oh, yes, moving is always a federal project that lasts months and months... I will be moving next year back to my country and we already started working on it.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:08 am

Pajarita wrote:Oh, yes, moving is always a federal project that lasts months and months... I will be moving next year back to my country and we already started working on it.

That has to be a big hassle to move permanently from one country to another.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:14 am

Oh. Liz, you have NO idea! I have finally gotten all the information for moving the dogs and cats but have been trying for three weeks to get the requirements for the birds without success. Thankfully, my husband's sister in law is a veterinarian and a professor at the University of Veterinary Medicine (she is in charge of the department that studies and monitors a zoonotic disease that goes from pigs or cows to dogs to people) and she knows people at the equivalent of the USDA there and they got me a name so I sent him an email yesterday and he already responded that he was waiting for the International Commerce Dept to respond. But that's only about how to get the animals into the country... there are a million more things that we are doing: registering out US marriage at the civil registry, getting medical insurance there, opening bank accounts, etc. And we still have to find a place where we can take all the animals here so we can have an open house and show the house to potential buyers (after we finish the remodeling - next project to be done right after my husband comes back next week is a new front porch), sell the house (which means we will have to rent another one here for a few months), buy a house there (which also means we will have to rent one there for a few months), get a company to pack and move the containers with our SUV and all our household items, get all the documents done for it and the worst part is the logistics on moving the animals because somebody needs to be here to ship them and somebody needs to be there to receive them at the airport - I haven't figured out how to do this yet.

But I am excited about it. America is broken and no longer a good place to live for people like me.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Previous

Return to Housing