Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Room freshener for parrots homes

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Room freshener for parrots homes

Postby Pajarita » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:33 am

Now that the cold weather is here, one of the problems that parrot keepers have is how to keep the house smelling nice without harming the delicate respiratory system of our birds. This article provides several 'hacks' but I would not do No. 9 because this will not work with parrots (at least, it would not work with mine that get into everything all the time). I use No. 1 ALL THE TIME as I feel I cannot breathe if there is no fresh air coming into the room; a modification of No. 3 (I use lavender essential oil, instead) and improved on their No. 2 by adding fruit peels and/or star anise and/or fennel seeds and/or cardammon and/or allspice and/or vanilla to the pot. Try different combinations and see which one you like best!

https://www.onegreenplanet.org/lifestyl ... chemicals/
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Room freshener for parrots homes

Postby Navre » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:05 am

I have to read this one later.
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot
Flight: Yes

Return to General Parrot Care