Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Stupid people!

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Stupid people!

Postby Pajarita » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:16 am

What kind of an idiot allows a clipped cockatiel -which cannot get away- near a mother duck?! And then puts the video out for anybody to see double proving their stupidity! Sheesh!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/angry ... vi-BBWpCOS
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Stupid people!

Postby liz » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:13 am

That is the dumbest thing that I have seen in a long time.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:24 am

That little tiel could have lost an eye, for heavens' sake! People do the dumbest things and then, when things happen, they call it 'a tragic accident'. But an accident, by definition, can not be prevented while most of these 'tragic accidents' easily could have been if people just use their half a brain to contemplate the possible consequences of their actions.

I recently went crazy looking for Annie. We could not find her anywhere. I called and called and called and there was no PEEP answering me. We looked EVERYWHERE! I was a maniac, screaming at my husband that he must have opened a door and that Annie must have gotten out. We both went out with binoculars, calling for her around the neighborhood... nothing. I was sooo worried because I knew that, most likely, she would not come down to any human as she is not really tame (she knows me and is already perching on my lap, my knees and my arms but she only does this with me). Then, later in the pm, when I came downstairs to feed the birds their dinner, as I turn off the lights in the kitchen on my way out, I hear a small, short noise that sounded like faint flapping from a corner of the room. I looked inside the cabinet - nothing. I got a ladder and climbed on to look on top of the cabinet and realized that the corner had no 'roof' (the corner was just a 'front' put there to make the cabinets 'fit' the exact length of the wall) and she had fallen inside the 'well'. I was so happy I was actually crying! But she could have died in there and, if she had, it would have been MY fault because, obviously, I had not birdproofed the room well enough. My husband put a piece of plywood covering the 'hole' so there is no longer any danger - at least, in that particular spot.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Pajarita » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:27 am

And still another situation where the bird could have been seriously hurt! Galah stole rawhide (RAWHIDE! which should not even be given to dogs, much less a parrot) treat from a chihuahua while there is a large puppy also in the picture.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/offbeat/ ... vi-AAJT2Yw
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Return to General Parrot Care