Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hello birdies

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Hello birdies

Postby Sepharlie » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:57 am

:sun: Charlie and :D I just wanted to say hello... I've loved parrots (and birds in general) ever since I was a child. My first "bird" was a Penguin plushie I was just about born with (which gave me a penguin addiction I still have today :lol: ), my first real bird was a budgie whom I had for two years as a teen until he died in a flight accident (hit his head against a wall... He wasn't very good at landing but that still was a very sad surprise because he flew in that room very often without issue...).
Anyways. Fast forward to now... More than 10 years after my little budgie (whose death only recently stopped haunting my dreams...) I decided to try again... My love for birds has never abated, and I'm involved in some bird groups on the internet that I look at everyday.
I bought a dozen books and read them all three times, I scoured the Internet, took notes, etc, prior to buying and bringing home Charlie the Sun Conure. I thought I was prepared. Well I'm fully puzzled by that 3 month old birdie!
I've been reading in this forum for a while and signed p a week or two ago - but now i'm ready to participate.
Hello all!
Sepharlie
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Sun Conure
Flight: Yes

Re: Hello birdies

Postby Pajarita » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:17 am

Welcome to the forum, Seph and Charlie (do you know for a fact it's a male?). It's fabulous that you took the time to research about your new friend but, please, do not feel discouraged if you find out that you still do not know anywhere near enough because, personally, I have never found a single book on parrots that was any good in terms of husbandry. We've all gone through the same thing...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Sepharlie » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:45 pm

Pajarita wrote:Welcome to the forum, Seph and Charlie (do you know for a fact it's a male?). It's fabulous that you took the time to research about your new friend but, please, do not feel discouraged if you find out that you still do not know anywhere near enough because, personally, I have never found a single book on parrots that was any good in terms of husbandry. We've all gone through the same thing...

Thank you very much for your welcome!
Charlie is a DNA tested female actually :)

For sure nothing can replace direct experience... And books only go so far... No book would have told me that my budgie would serenade plastic bags anytime I was handling one :lol:

Thank you again
Sepharlie
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Sun Conure

Postby Pajarita » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:04 am

Ahhhh, so her name must be Charlene only you call her Charlie - cute! And yes, indeed, nothing beats experience.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Introductions