Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

How to take care of 3 month old Sun Conure and bond?

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: How to take care of 3 month old Sun Conure and bond?

Postby Pajarita » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:54 am

Well, I'll tell you a secret: my birds are very obedient. They pretty much do what I tell them to and they are so smart they actually understand subtle nuances in the phrases I use. For example, they know what NO means as well as Don't touch and they immediately back away from whatever it is they are going for as soon as I tell them: "NO! Don't touch!" - like the wire of my laptop, for example, which they ALL love to chew. But they also understand me when I say: "I'm watching you!" (as when they back off but stay close and I KNOW they are waiting for me to get distracted so they can go for it again). It takes time to get them to obey and I don't even give them any kind of reward when they do but the ones that don't love me trust me completely and they have a lot of freedoms because, in truth, we have changed out entire lifestyle to accommodate their needs so, in reality, there are few things that are not allowed to do and there are always other options for them to pick instead when their first choice is 'blocked' by me.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby Sepharlie » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:52 pm

Makes sense!
Thank you again for your time.
Chewing cords, taking apart keyboards, all the things birds love to do but preferably wouldn't haha!

I think Charlie is doing better so thank you again.
Sepharlie
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Sun Conure

Postby Pajarita » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:06 am

Just continue with a good diet, strict solar schedule, many hours of out-of-cage and lots and lots and lots of love and she will be the perfect bird companion!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Previous

Return to General Parrot Care