Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

New baby momma!

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

New baby momma!

Postby ringosmom » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:42 pm

Hi, new to this forum, but have been a bird owner before, in past lifetimes I owned an African gray, and I had a Military macaw, that is now in the breeding program, at the Aquirium, in Mexico where we now live. Yesterday, we acquired baby, (no feathers yet) a Mexican parrotlet that was found in the woods behind our house. One of the neighbors brought it to me, knowing we had birds in the past, and knew I wanted a baby I could hand train. Today, I can see a spec of green on a wing, so know that it is a parrot, just not sure if it is a parrotlet, until it is fully feathered. This will be my 1st bird, to hand feed and train, as the other 2 were adults when I got them, the African gray was very sweet, but the Macaw would bite, if given the chance, but sweet to take food, or to get on her perch. But you could not pet, or hold her.I am hoping to learn a lot here, and hope to have a lot of stories to tell :monk:
ringosmom
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Mexican parrotlet
Flight: No

Re: New baby momma!

Postby Pajarita » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:23 am

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new baby! How very fortunate that it was found and that the person who found it knew about you! Talk about serendipity! Have you been able to find baby bird formula to feed it? If not, let me know and I can give you pointers on making your own.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby ringosmom » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:37 pm

No, I know Petco has it, but we live in a very small village, of about 200 people, and right now on complete lock down, for 2 weeks, because of the virus. so can't leave the village. If we do, we are not allowed back in for 2 weeks...We have not had any cases here, and don't want any...I would love to hear your suggestion. I am using what the man that found it, told me to use, corn flour, and water,, but he isn't a real bird person, they have a macaw they rescued, as a baby, it lost an eye, so they have it now...would love to hear how to make my own...also, how long do they need to be on formula? we only have 2 small stores in the village, so I hope I can find what I need... Thank you.
ringosmom
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Mexican parrotlet
Flight: No

Postby Pajarita » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:14 am

I already replied to this on the Diet section.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions