Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hello from the south of France

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Hello from the south of France

Postby Daminou » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:25 pm

Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum. I live with a female severe macaw named Vodka since a bit less than 3 years now and i have her since she is a baby of five month. I am a professional magician but i did not choose to have a bird for the shows. I love the birds since i am a kid and now i have my own place and time i decided to find a companion.
Visibly the parrot culture is less present here in France than in America.
I decided to join this forum to feel a bit less alone in the education on my little friend because obviously, as far as i can see most of the time it is not the bird the problem but the way owners are doing things and i want to do things right as much as i can.

Enjoy everyone.

Damien
Daminou
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Severe Macaw
Flight: Yes

Re: Hello from the south of France

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:14 am

Bienvenue sur le forum, Damien et … (you did not tell us her name). You are 100% correct! All 'problem' birds were created by a human who did not do the right thing - sometimes, it's because the human doesn't care but, usually, it's because the human does not know enough.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Daminou » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:45 am

Hi Pajarita.

Her name is Vodka. I wrote it at the top of my post but maybe her name is a bit too weird so it does not pop to the eye.
Daminou
Parrotlet

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:28 am

No, my bad, the name was there. And Vodka is a good name for a parrot! They don't care what the name means - they care about the name being easy to recognize (short names are easier than long names and Vodka has two syllables so it's perfect) and whether they can pronounce it or not (and Vodka has consonants easy for them to reproduce and it ends in a strong pure vowel)
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Daminou » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:19 am

She sais her name all the time with a lot of différents intonations. When I do magic shows with her clients finds that very funny.
Daminou
Parrotlet

Postby Daminou » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:20 am

She sais her name all the time with a lot of différents intonations. When I do magic shows with her clients finds that very funny.
Daminou
Parrotlet

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:24 am

Yes, they pick up on different tones of voice and cadences very well! And, because they are masters of the body language and the different tones of voice we use, they can actually use the right tone in t he right occasion. But, sometimes, they just do it because they know they make us laugh - and, because they know that laughter means joy to us, they do it to make us happy. Wonderful creatures, aren't they?!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Return to Introductions