Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

I have to vent...

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: I have to vent...

Postby MissLady9902 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:44 pm

Alzheimers causes stupidity?

Yes, why else do they wander out of the house and get lost? They start some normal task and it goes awry. I've heard Alzheimers patients releasing their pets outside because they thought it was best. It's a sad disease. Anyway, a nurse should have known better...
Cathy

Busy beaks are quiet beaks!

:senegal: - Noodle
:gray: - Marvin
MissLady9902
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: A Senegal and a Congo African Grey
Flight: No

Postby Kathleen » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:09 am

Maybe she wasn't going to her classes enough! :shock:
Kathleen
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Flight: Yes

Postby Natacha » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:29 pm

I can't understand how one cannot realize that a nail is bleeding before cutting more of them..

I cut one of Shade too short once..I didn't have time to move onto another nail before I saw the drop of blood..
My blog http://poiworld.blogspot.com/
Videos of my birds http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady
Piper ~ Lovebird
Shade ~ Senegal
Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied parrots
Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's parrots
Léa ~ Cape parrot
Natacha
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: PF Lovebird, Senegal Parrot, Red-bellied Parrots, Meyer's Parrot, Cape Parrot

Postby triplebbirds » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:23 am

wow ouch, i was doing pugzys nails the other day and got one a bit close. I came closer to crying than she did. I am going to add a tip to a sheet that is already handed out to everyone that gets birds from me. It has th nail clipping info with diagrams. I am going to suggest to get a white dish towel to help with this job. Hold the bird in the towel and it will save your hand a bit and my birds are calmer this way and then if you clip the white towel will help you n otice it. I think this women could be a nurse at the hopsital out here where i had the last baby.
triplebbirds
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 20
Types of Birds Owned: Green cheek conure, sun conure, Quaker parrot, Parrotlet, Cockatiel, Senegal

Postby Heather » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:50 am

triplebbirds wrote:I came closer to crying than she did.

I trimmed Jasper's nails a few weeks ago and he moved as I went to clip one...which made me clip it too short. I was so upset, he was the one consoling me. He spent the next hour or so cuddling into my neck because he couldn't understand why I was upset.
“She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you'd call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.”
Heather
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot
Canary
Budgerigars
Flight: No

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic