Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

does your bird sing with you??

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

does your bird sing with you??

Postby coral » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:19 pm

when i sing my parrot chirps along with me i was wondering if its just a Marty thing or if most parrots do that
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. <3
coral
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: zebra finches, society finches, spice finches, and a blue headed pionus parrot
Flight: No

Re: does your bird sing with you??

Postby zazanomore » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:32 pm

With my birds, whenever there is noise, they need to be louder than it. So when I'm on the phone, playing music, or using the vacuum, they always "sing along"
Bonnie - :budgie2:
Clyde - :budgie:
Einstein - :greycockatiel:
Alyssa - :thumbsup:
zazanomore
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels
Budgies
Flight: Yes

Postby coral » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:44 pm

aww thats so cute lol but i bet it gets on your nerves after a while\
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. <3
coral
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: zebra finches, society finches, spice finches, and a blue headed pionus parrot

Postby entrancedbymyGCC » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:16 pm

Ours don't really sing along, but every once in a while, when I'm really having a good laugh at something, Scooter joins right in!
Scooter :gcc:
Death Valley Scotty :cape:
entrancedbymyGCC
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
(Un)Cape Parrot

Postby kaylayuh » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:09 pm

My birds sing if they like the song. If they don't, they yell. They also yell over the vacuum cleaner, as if protesting the fact that I have to clean up the mess they made.
"Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird."
- Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
kaylayuh
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: 2 Budgies
1 Green Cheek Conure

Postby entrancedbymyGCC » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:59 pm

They worked hard on that mess!
Scooter :gcc:
Death Valley Scotty :cape:
entrancedbymyGCC
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
(Un)Cape Parrot

Postby Vicki5280 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:49 pm

entrancedbymyGCC wrote:They worked hard on that mess!

:lol: Exactly!

I've modified some children's songs to make them "parrot" songs and have been singing them to Bucky. Over and over and over and over, I've been singing. I've been talking and singing to him exactly like I did my children (like you see on the commercials). And I'll tell you what... when I spoke to his previous owner, I was told he said about four or five things. Hi, hello, step-up, come on, and I love you. In the two weeks he's been with me, I've heard him say, "step-up" and "come on," plus about 20-25 more words he's learned here. And yes, he's trying to sing! His favorite song seems to be "I'm a little Quaker" to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot." I don't understand any of the words he's singing yet, but it wont be too long. He's learning very fast! (Today he told my dog, "NO!" :lol:)

Edit: I just realized how late my non-contribution to the thread was. Sorry 'bout that! :oops:
Bucky - Quaker :monk:
JJ - Turquoise GCC Image
Vicki - Me! :dancing2:
Vicki5280
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Quaker, Greencheek Conure, Lovebird

Postby coral » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:25 pm

its okay :D i liked your contribution bucky sounds like a cutie i wish i could get my pionus to sing an actual song that would be so cute! i think its awesome you changed the song to fit him ;)
coral
Poicephalus

Postby MandyG » Wed May 18, 2011 9:06 am

Mojo hasn't caught on to singing any songs. He'll sometimes say the first few words but then stops. When I'm singing to him he gets really excited and makes a lot of noise and talks and yells to me but he just hasn't caught on that he's supposed to sing the song with me too!
MandyG
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Crowned Amazon

Postby AmazonServant » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:16 pm

My yellow-nape has a special little song she sings, just "doo dee doo" over and over with a two interchangeable tunes. She picked them up from my mom. Then she has a "ba ba ba" kind of song that she sings softly for about 10 minutes before bedtime, or was a way of telling me she wants to be tucked in. It doesn't sound like anything my mom would hum or sing so I don't know where she got it from. As for singing along, it's more like screaming or talking along. I play records around her and sing to her all the time, and she certainly joins in, but not singing.
AmazonServant
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Nape Amazon

Next

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations