Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

will my quaker parrot talk?

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

will my quaker parrot talk?

Postby tarah33 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:30 pm

I've had Teddy (green quaker parrot) for about....a month now. And he's about 4 months old. When will he start talking? I've been working on "hi baby!" And EVERY time I say tht in a very happy voice, he does his loud sqwauk (really cute) is this a good sign? Does he like what I say? I hear him making noises although I'm not sure what they are. They're very quiet, and he doesn't do them very often. :monk:
tarah33
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Green Quaker Parrot, blue bugie parakeet, lutino budgie parakeet
Flight: No

Re: will my quaker parrot talk?

Postby laducockatiel » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:25 am

There are no guarantees that any parrot will talk, even the ones that are known for talking like a macaw or a cockatoo. But, if you talk to him every time and say "hi baby" whenever you walk in the room, he may copy you because he is used to hearing you. I wasn't even trying to teach my cockatiel to talk, but he just picked it up and now he can say "hello" and "good boy"! Good luck in training Teddy to talk and keep us posted!
My blog: http://the-buzz-online.weebly.com

"If we don't stand for something, we may fall for anything."
- Malcolm X"
laducockatiel
Amazon

Flight: Yes

Re: will my quaker parrot talk?

Postby Aloysius » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:29 am

I've had my Quaker Parrot for about a month and a half now, and while they don't start TALKING until they are about six months old, she is trying to talk though it does not sound much like it. But if you keep on trying, it is virtually guaranteed to talk.
:monk:Shiloh
Aloysius(Me)
Aloysius
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Green Quaker
Flight: Yes

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations