Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

amazon interrupting me

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Re: amazon interrupting me

Postby reyz324 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:40 pm

I figured it was that 'flock-bonding' thing - similar to contact calling to make sure everyone is OK, even though they are out of sight. I guess it might also be the reverse of the saftey response that keeps them quiet when everyone else is quiet: in the jungle you don't want to draw attention to yourself by being the one making all the noise - but if everyone is shouting, you can shout too... ;)

hmmm i never really thought about this but its a very good point.
reyz324
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Red-Lored amazon
Flight: No

Postby Vicki5280 » Sun May 01, 2011 1:50 pm

snakesentwined wrote:Oh god - it *is* an Amazon thing, isn't it!! :lol:
I hate to break y'alls Amazon-only bubble, but I have a Quaker that does the same thing. :?

Or WAIT!?! Maybe he's an Amazon DISGUISED as a Quaker! :D
Bucky - Quaker :monk:
JJ - Turquoise GCC Image
Vicki - Me! :dancing2:
Vicki5280
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Quaker, Greencheek Conure, Lovebird

Postby coral » Thu May 05, 2011 9:04 pm

my parrot only laughs when i laugh or when he scares or bites someone :? hes kinda evil lol.. :lol:
hes a blue headed pionus, so hes kinda quiet lol
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. <3
coral
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: zebra finches, society finches, spice finches, and a blue headed pionus parrot

Postby LyzGrace » Fri May 06, 2011 12:27 pm

Haha, coral, my rainbow lorie used to do the same thing with the biting and laughing. It was years ago, so I was still living at home and had the annoying little brother that always had friends over - I, of course, wasn't much older and know now that this is awful, but she was pretty much my attack bird. I would sic her on the boys' toes and when they started yelling and screaming she would let out this terribly evil cackle, it was hiLARIOUS. Not good, but still hilarious :D

It was funny, though, because I think it taught her what "OW!" meant, because when we would towel her to clip her toenails, she would yell "OW!" for each toenail and then laugh hysterically :lol:
LyzGrace
Lovebird

Types of Birds Owned: Yoshi: Solomon Island Eclectus
Flight: Yes

Postby coral » Fri May 06, 2011 8:01 pm

lol sounds like marty! he chases my grandmas toes and then laughs! thats hilarious! i can just imagine if you took her into the vet and got her nails clipped and she was like ow hahahaha! i bet the vet would look at you weird lol! :)
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. <3
coral
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: zebra finches, society finches, spice finches, and a blue headed pionus parrot

Postby Mangoismybird » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:25 pm

My conure sometimes does the same thing! :lol:
And she doesn't have my laugh down just yet, but it's just as funny when she's trying to laugh with me and is making these very robotic "ha. ha. ha. ha." sounds! The only time she'll ever -definitely- interrupt me is when I sing, though. She gets very into it and sometimes when I stop short she sort of fades into this awkward silence...it's hilarious. :lol: :roll:
Mangoismybird
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel, Green Cheek Conure, Medium Sulphur Crested Cockatoo

Postby pennyandrocky » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:20 am

whenever there's a conversation going on near mya she'll say ''blah blah blah''
pennyandmya
pennyandrocky
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: green cheek conure,ducorps cockatoo

Postby Sparky » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:12 am

Hehe that's kinda cute!

Sparky gets really enthusiastic when we're all sitting round the table, he wants to join in and chats up a storm too!
Jess and Sparky the IRN
Sparky
Cockatiel

Types of Birds Owned: Indian Ringneck.

Postby ljeanne » Tue May 08, 2012 12:11 am

i call my quakers the evil twins because they have a maniacal laughter and they will throw their heads back and laugh and then the rest join in. i can't help it i crack up too. but yes i think it is an amazon thing because mine talks over me all the time.
ljeanne
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 9
Types of Birds Owned: timneh grey, senegal parrot, and budgies
congo grey and blue front amazon, ducorps cockatoo, and princess of whales parakeet

Previous

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations