Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Flew away.

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Re: Flew away.

Postby Michael » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:28 pm

Woah, I was only bringing the situation to light to remind others to act NOW to protect their birds from this happening down the line. I wasn't criticizing or judging. The only reason I haven't refunded your consultation was because I was still hopeful you'd get your bird back and eventually utilize it. I haven't posted asking people to help because my audience is spread far and wide. I gave you all the advice I could about engaging the local community where it counts. And I don't think Kimberly was talking about you at all. She just said she's surprised people take birds outside unharnessed in general. Kim and I were only warning others to avoid being in a similar situation rather than judging you. I think you are really taking this the wrong way.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Postby GreenWing » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:34 pm

I am sorry. For some reason that link made me feel like salt is being rubbed into my gaping wound.

I don't mean to lash out, I am really hurting right now.
Last edited by GreenWing on Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenWing
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey ♥

Postby Michael » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:48 pm

I only thought that you'd be happy to know that somebody else might be spared the same tragedy by hearing about it and taking measures per-emptively. Perhaps someone who hadn't ever given it much thought at all. I know it doesn't help your situation one bit. But nothing can. Everyone here is hopeful and supportive but that's the limit of what they can do. What I do is share the experiences and stories I encounter to help others. I assure you it is all done of the best intentions. Nobody is trying to rub anything in. This thread is being checked many times a day by people hopeful of good news that Tiki has been found.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby GreenWing » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:52 pm

You've been a good supportive friend, Michael, and I can't thank you enough. We're cool. And don't mention a refund, there will be no need.

I have to warn everyone that I'm basically insane with grief right now.
GreenWing
African Grey

Postby marie83 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:10 pm

I'm so sorry you haven't yet been reunited. Theres still plenty of hope though. I know I suggested it before and now someone else too but I would definitely contact any bird watching clubs in the area. Keep up the good work with everything else too. I have everything crossed for you still.
marie83
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure

Postby GreenWing » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:59 pm

marie83 wrote:I'm so sorry you haven't yet been reunited. Theres still plenty of hope though. I know I suggested it before and now someone else too but I would definitely contact any bird watching clubs in the area. Keep up the good work with everything else too. I have everything crossed for you still.

Thank you. I do have a good feeling about it, I think she's out there. It may sound wacky but I did consult with a pet psychic who believes someone has her. If this is true, I'm hoping they'll give us a call once Tiki gives them a good hormonal bite :)
GreenWing
African Grey

Postby LadySaphine » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:40 am

GreenWing wrote:Thank you. I do have a good feeling about it, I think she's out there. It may sound wacky but I did consult with a pet psychic who believes someone has her. If this is true, I'm hoping they'll give us a call once Tiki gives them a good hormonal bite :)

Hey, desperate times call for desperate measures. I would do anything to find her! From what you've said, I'm not as worried for Tiki, because you acted so quickly. Best of luck. <3
Peanut - :gcc: Yellow-sided Green Cheeked Conure. Rest in peace, my Peanut.
PJ- :bluebudgie: Cobalt Budgie
Steve- Image Turquoise Lineolated Parakeet
LadySaphine
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Budgie, Turquoise Lineolated Parakeet, two button quail hens

Postby GreenWing » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:26 pm

LadySaphine wrote:Hey, desperate times call for desperate measures. I would do anything to find her! From what you've said, I'm not as worried for Tiki, because you acted so quickly. Best of luck. <3

Thank you, I really appreciate that. I am doing everything I possibly can, although I am going to look into Marie's suggestion for some bird watchers.

Yesterday I went on a wild goose chase based on a tip I received. I drove about 20-25 miles to a different area of town to search for her based on a sighting. There was a lot of construction work going on and it made things a little difficult, but I didn't see or hear her. :(
GreenWing
African Grey

Postby MacT » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:33 am

try posting am ad on kijiji i always see a lot of birds for sale and lost parrot ads there too. maybe the person who found tiki posted a found parrot ad.

im really sorry to hear about tiki, but somehow i believe you'll be reunited.
MacT
Parrotlet

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot

Postby GreenWing » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:34 pm

MacT wrote:try posting am ad on kijiji i always see a lot of birds for sale and lost parrot ads there too. maybe the person who found tiki posted a found parrot ad.

im really sorry to hear about tiki, but somehow i believe you'll be reunited.

Thank you MacT, that is very kind. And thanks for that suggestion, I'll check it out.

She's been posted at the Exotic Bird Rescue of Oregon's main page, and also on their facebook page. People are resharing the post, it warms my heart that so many people care.

http://www.rescuebird.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Exotic-B ... 8282028285

I would like to volunteer with them; I am taking a class next Sunday.
GreenWing
African Grey

PreviousNext

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet