Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

New trick

Exchange information about how to teach specific tricks to parrots. Most of these techniques should apply to all bird species. Share your success stories.

New trick

Postby Msaad » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:53 pm

After almost finishing clicker training and target training, i need a new trick, he's afraid of wood, so don't try to say step up or wave :p, need more help with the step up, cz he seems to be scared of my hand cz he start a little biting at the start of my fingers ( like checking them) and finish by trying to cut my nails :p :gray:
Hakuna matata!
"Timon & pumba"
Msaad
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: African grey parrot
Flight: Yes

Re: New trick

Postby laducockatiel » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:45 am

Assalamu Alaikum,

How about flight recall. It is similar to target training, because you place your hand slightly away from the bird, and target him into it, so he has to hop onto it. Then, start increasing the distance between him and your hand so he has to jump further and eventually fly to your hand. When you target him onto your hand, each time say his name so he hears this as a cue for him to fly onto your hand. After a while of him doing it, you will be able to simply call him and he will fly onto your hand. Don't hesitate to PM me if you are having any problems doing this or just have any questions,

-Laducockatiel
My blog: http://the-buzz-online.weebly.com

"If we don't stand for something, we may fall for anything."
- Malcolm X"
laducockatiel
Amazon

Flight: Yes

Return to Parrot Trick Training