Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Rainbow, Myrtle & Cockatiels

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: Rambo &Myrtle update

Postby Pajarita » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:31 am

No, not a hussy, she still loves him. It's normal and it's actually quite kind of her to keep him company every now and then. Zeus stole Precie from Pedro but Precie still goes to visit with him even though Zeus tries his very best to keep Pedro away from Precie all the time.

You won't find a good full spectrum in any store, you need to order it online -at least, around me you can't.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby Lizz » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:12 pm

Yes it is much easier for my to buy on line.

Thank you for the help with these cockatiels. I am so upset at them.

I have been searching for another male and female from different homes. So far all I am finding is males. They all need new homes but one is really on my mind. The woman has his rehoming fee at $30. Just like Myrtle I am afraid that he is a throw away. My emails come back and she is not answering the phone. I will try calling again this evening. He was on Raliegh's Craigslist.
Lizz
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 8
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Tommy Maggie Cagney Lacy

Postby Pajarita » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:16 pm

:lol: No, don't get upset at them. We tend to look at their behavior as if they were little humans with wings but they are not, they are birds and nature is a hard task master and very pragmatic when it comes to reproduction. You are like me, I always go for the 'throwaways', too.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Lizz » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:36 pm

Tammy is trying to keep both males but she is also being nice to Maggie.

Maggie has decided now that I am not just the hands that bring food. She tweeters when she sees me and comes over to the side of the cage when I talk to her. I can put food on their feeding platform and she will stand there and wait to see what new stuff I am bringing. Tammy can't resist finding new stuff so the two stand together and almost climb over my hand to get to it. the boys just have to wait their turn.
Lizz
Conure

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:15 am

Great news!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby Lizz » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:24 pm

To introduce my two new girls, one is a beautiful pearl. It looks like she is wearing lace. The other is :greycockatiel: but with a white collar. Very strange markings.
I am in the process today of finding out what they will eat. So far only seed but I'll keep trying.
They did not have names so I named the Cagney and Lacy. Great imagination huh?
I was adding toys to the cage when Myrtle landed beside them and said "hello girls".
Lizz
Conure

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Wolf » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:36 am

Lizz wrote:To introduce my two new girls, one is a beautiful pearl. It looks like she is wearing lace. The other is :greycockatiel: but with a white collar. Very strange markings.
I am in the process today of finding out what they will eat. So far only seed but I'll keep trying.
They did not have names so I named the Cagney and Lacy. Great imagination huh?
I was adding toys to the cage when Myrtle landed beside them and said "hello girls".

On this same note, I like Mork and Mindy.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Pajarita » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:09 am

But, Wolf, they are two girls! Now, if you had suggested Laverne and Shirley... And so very polite of Myrtle to welcome them! :D
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby Lizz » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:38 am

I don't know personalities yet but I have to teach them names before they join the flock. One is a pearl. Her layers and design look like lace to me. The other is sort of common in color but has unusual makings on the back like she is wearing a white caller. The best I could come up with is Cagney and Lacy. They seem to like it.

They had been stuck together like Siamese twins but this morning they are more animated and actually responding to Rambo's call as well as the flock.

Rambo has not seen them yet. Rambo does not like it when the cockatiels are loose. They fly too fast and land beside him and scare him. Myrtle must think they are just little babies. She loves to be with them but these two are afraid of the giant. She is perched about a foot away to watch them. She hangs on the side of the flocks cage and talks to them.

Maggie is doing better. She is now wandering in the flock. Tammy has been nice to her, but she is still running back and forth between the boys. Tommy eats with her now. Shadow is being stubborn. It's like he is saying: I don't care what you want, I want what I want.
Lizz
Conure

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Wolf » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:59 pm

Pajarita wrote:But, Wolf, they are two girls! Now, if you had suggested Laverne and Shirley... And so very polite of Myrtle to welcome them! :D

But haven't you ever heard of "A Boy Named Sue"?
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

PreviousNext

Return to General Parrot Care