Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

help me!!

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Re: help me!!

Postby chika » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:36 am

i cant get rid of the logo because you need to pay for that and your very welcome.
"But a bird that stalks down his narrow cage
can seldom see through his bars of rage
his wings are clipped and his feet are tied
so he opens his throat to sing"-Maya Angelou
chika
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: quaker
Flight: Yes

Postby Wolf » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:03 pm

No need for that, I am happy to be able to see them. Thank you very much for that.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby seagoatdeb » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:08 am

Birds like things that are exciting. One of the first things my red belly said was "peek a boo" My daughter and i would hide behind the wall and then show ourselves and say peek a boo. The way the red belly says peek a boo it sounds like two people talking. Of course we would laugh and say peeka boo back and this would excite her more and she would copy our laughing. We did our best to ignore her when she copied the smoke detector. Once they are talking they copy mostly excitig things or often repeated things they like. I can always tell who she is copying by the voice she uses. When I am busy looking at my phone and I hear " Hey Gaugan, What are you doing?" sure enough she is getting into something she shouldnt. You never know for sure if a bird will talk, but the best thing to do is to talk to them a lot. Use a tone they like or are excited by. Even if they dont talk you are establishing communication with them, and that is the most important thing.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby Chantilly » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:00 am

Hi Chicka,

Based on my own experience I find it easiest by saying things as you do them.
Say, when you uncover your bird of the morning, asuming you cover her of a night, say Goodmorning(Or hello, g'day whatever you want, just nothing to hard to begin with.)
give her a second to process what you said then do it again. do this ten or so times, and say it enthusiasticlly, this encourages them to copy, do this everymorning untill she begins to ramble while you do it. when she does this treat her and say goodmorning again encouraging her to continue.
This might take a while, more than a month even, but once they get their first word, the rest seem to become easier.

Just from repititon Tilly says step up. and it is quite funy cause she'll go "Good mornin good girl, *whistle* step up stepup pretty little girl, good, silly tilly,c"mon step up.." ect. She just mixes up all her words to make a story. Its pretty cute.

Best of luck and hope this helped!
:gcc:
Last edited by Chantilly on Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
And anthough she be little, she is fierce ~Shakespeare
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Cinnamon green cheek conure & Yellow Scaly x Rainbow lorikeet, Chickens & Ducks

Postby liz » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:24 pm

They learn like little kids. They can be as stubborn as kids. Mine won't say good morning. They only say I love you when they think I am angry.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Chantilly » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:15 am

Aww! I can Imagine that would be pretty cute!
And anthough she be little, she is fierce ~Shakespeare
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Cinnamon green cheek conure & Yellow Scaly x Rainbow lorikeet, Chickens & Ducks

Previous

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations