Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Aggresive or scaried lovebird

Discuss the methods and techniques of clicker training, target training and bonding. These are usually the first steps in training a young parrot.

Re: Aggresive or scaried lovebird

Postby jancijen » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:39 am

???
jancijen
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: Yes

Postby jancijen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 am

??? somebody please.
jancijen
Cockatiel

Postby janetafloat » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:31 pm

I'm sorry, I looked at the link you posted but can't read that language :roll:
janetafloat
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal

Postby jancijen » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:11 pm

U can change lang. On the top.
jancijen
Cockatiel

Postby marie83 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:55 pm

I wouldn't use that mix personally, it is full of sunflower and safflower seeds, you would spend a very long time picking it all out and then still be left with a diet which doesn't have much in the way of nutrients.
marie83
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure

Postby jancijen » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:05 pm

so what mix should i buy? :/ this one is good cause of price ::/
jancijen
Cockatiel

Postby marie83 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:48 pm

I don't know what else is available in your country so its very hard for me to make suggestions. Price shouldn't be too much of a factor, for the amount you will need to feed such a small bird it will work out extremely cheap to buy a premade mix or pellets even if you buy the most expensive brands.
I don't know much about nutrition specific to your species but I would get a pellet such as TOPS, roudybush or harrisons, a good quality seed mix (you can sprout some of this off to provide more amino acids, natural enzymes and vits), a variety of veg, and smaller amount of fruit. I would suggest you read up on lovebird specific dietary requirements to see what proportions are recommended.
marie83
Cockatoo

Postby jancijen » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:37 am

I cant get these pellets. Maybe i ll buy mix which i posted before. Prestige .... :) we ll see.
jancijen
Cockatiel

Postby marie83 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:44 am

Ok if you can't get pellets I think you should ask Pajarita for advice on making a base diet up. Whilst I don't agree it is the right thing to do and I don't agree with everything that gets said Pajarita seems a lot more knowledgeable than the majority and has researched natural diets. Why don't you send a PM, I'm sure they will be willing to help. Please do not feed an all seed diet, it is not a nutritious diet for parrots.
marie83
Cockatoo

Postby Eric&Rebecca » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:40 am

Jancijen. If you go directly to manufacturers they will send them to you. My parents in law get things sent to Shanghai in this way. It requires some research and work and yes an expense but that's a decision you made when getting a bird. Tidymix has no sunflower seeds so is a good mix to feed alongside pellets and/or fresh vegetables.

If you really can't get hold of pellets then you WILL need to look into a fresh diet. Lovebirds raw diet is quite high in leafy greens I remember Parajita saying. She has a lot of knowledge on this.

You CANNOT feed you bird just seed... it's just like eating mcdonalds for every meal. There's no reason for you to give up and feed him just seed because you feel you can't locate it. It's perfectly possible to make your own bird foods from fresh ingredients and use the seeds as a treat but you have to be willing to put the time and work in.

However, I am sure if you went directly to the manufacturer they will post them. I know for a FACT tidymix do this you just need to go straight to them. I recently swtiched to this from Prestige as its a much healthier seed mix which also contains lentils, dried fruits and veggies which the birds happily eat. I also give fresh fruits, veggies and pulses as well as pasta and rice (wholegrain and cooked) and also TOPS pellets.

You just have to be a bit proactive about things.
Eric&Rebecca
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel
Cockatiel
Spectacled Parrotlet

PreviousNext

Return to Taming & Basic Training