Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Harness Training

Discuss the methods and techniques of clicker training, target training and bonding. These are usually the first steps in training a young parrot.

Re: Harness Training

Postby Harpmaker » Tue May 20, 2014 2:56 pm

Wolf wrote:I also think that the advertising is misleading and think that just because of the common uses of the term parakeet that it should be made clear for the lay person and/ or new and inexperienced owner of budgies.
I don't think it would be a bad thing to write or email parrot university and ask them to make this more clear. It is in the best interests of these birds. I know I am going to.

It's not entirely the parrot university's fault. "English budgies" are larger than "American parakeets", and they sell both around here-but the pet stores (of ill repute) carry only the American ones. http://www.englishbudgie.com/ So even "budgies" is not specific enough.
Harpmaker
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Meyer's Parrot
Flight: Yes

Re: Harness Training

Postby Wolf » Tue May 20, 2014 4:46 pm

True. Very true. Not much more to say, I do thank you for this as I wasn't even thinking of it at all, thank you.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Taming & Basic Training