Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Smoog and ringnecks

Discuss the methods and techniques of clicker training, target training and bonding. These are usually the first steps in training a young parrot.

Smoog and ringnecks

Postby Smoog » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:59 pm

Hello there...I just got 2 ring neck bird,they're still scared of me but I need to let them like me..how can this be done?
Smoog
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Ring Neck parrot
Flight: Yes

Re: Smoog and ringnecks

Postby Wolf » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:39 pm

You need to talk to them and offer them some fresh veggies for treats. Spend several 15 minute sessions each day with them and talk to them and give them some treats.
How old are they? When did you get them? What do you feed them?
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Re: Smoog and ringnecks

Postby Pajarita » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:26 am

I am thinking that your birds are wild-caught and not captive-bred and hand-fed so, best case scenario, it will take a long time for them to trust you and, to tell you the truth, I doubt it will ever happen so, if I were you, I would try to make them as comfortable as possible in a HUGE cage where they can fly and give them good food.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Taming & Basic Training