Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

The parrot puzzle, what a crack up!

Discuss the methods and techniques of clicker training, target training and bonding. These are usually the first steps in training a young parrot.

The parrot puzzle, what a crack up!

Postby DanaandPod » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:28 pm

So, i've been working with Pod on how to get the circle piece in the right spot. This has been a week already...he usually picks things up faster. But thats okay...it gives us something to work on. He knows to put it on the board...and he knows to try again closer...but not quite yet that it must fit in order to get a treat. But, like a child he will take off if he doesn't get what he wants right away... so usually i will pull out a trick toy that he knows well to reboost his confidence. (got to keep the ego maintained) then go back to the hard one. But, again...like a child he took off and started dumping my counter items over... So, I lauged and said... Okay, Come back...I will let you win. So he gets a treat when he at least puts it on the puzzle somewhere. But, he gets a bunch of clicks and me yelling and jumping in place when he gets it in the fitted spot (with my help). :lol:
Piccolo and Pod
DanaandPod
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: male Jardines parrot, a female meyers parrot, and two budgies
Flight: Yes

Re: The parrot puzzle, what a crack up!

Postby Wolf » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:00 pm

Excellent !!! Yay, Dana and Pod, go team!!
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Return to Taming & Basic Training