Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

caged eclectus

Discuss the methods and techniques of clicker training, target training and bonding. These are usually the first steps in training a young parrot.

caged eclectus

Postby jill1951 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:44 pm

hi guys first i like to introduce myself i am retired and setting up breeding avairy for eclectus

my quest is a biggie

i just brought a breeding pr of eclectus . and i like to train :swaying: them to step up and socalize with rest of the family with time out of the cage . i like to do some clicker training as they cage bond at the moment where do i start. they need stay in there cage untill i can calm them to except a treat . how to start
jill1951
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: major mitchell,sun conour ,breeding pr of eclectus
Flight: Yes

Re: caged eclectus

Postby Wolf » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:03 pm

With the huge glut of bird that need homes in this country, I really wish that you would reconsider the breeding of these bird. Also it is not a thing that you can learn to do from reading a book. If you are serious about breeding them then you need to find a breeder that breeds this species of parrot to mentor you and teach you how to do it as if you do anything wrong you will seriously injure or kill your babies. It is a lot of work with long hours and brooders and other equipment is expensive.
Any way here is a link to help you get started in training your birds. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=227
Good luck.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Re: caged eclectus

Postby Pajarita » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:02 pm

Also, I don't know if you are aware of this or not but ekkies have a highly specialized diet (so specialized that they don't live as long as they should in captivity) so, please, learn about that, too.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Taming & Basic Training