Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Shoulder addict..:(

Discuss the methods and techniques of clicker training, target training and bonding. These are usually the first steps in training a young parrot.

Re: Shoulder addict..:(

Postby Azure Hanyo » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:05 pm

Jessica_rabbitt wrote:Thanks guys!!!
We have been workin on it for a few day now and he is starting to get it he is a bit cheeky tho!!:) he doesn't try it with me much anymore but if any company comes over or my husband is near he will side step right over to them and climb up their arm!:) brat! Lol! ;D
:lol:

Galileo really tries to get to my shoulder all of the time too. I don't want her there, as she is a bird that enjoys trying to display dominance (though her attemps to be dominant with me have lessened and are few and far between now, but she still does it) and I really think she would bite me. She will go as far as to hang up-side down on my hand, and when I sit her on my knee where she perches, if I turn away she will quickly shimmy up my side and make her way to the shoulder. She is a big baby! :lol:
Azure Hanyo
Amazon

Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Taming & Basic Training