Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Favorite type of parrot?

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

What is your favorite type of parrot?

Amazons
6%
Cockatoos
5%
Conures
14%
Lories
3%
Lovebirds
9%
Macaws
3%
Parakeets
12%
Parotlets
5%
Poicephalus
23%
Other
20%

Total votes : 65

Re: Favorite type of parrot?

Postby Erithacus » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:32 am

I love to own a Palm Cockatoo. They are really very gentle, off course a tame one. :cockatoo:
Kilaya ...cag
Pipi, Zizi, Eclipse and Zico ... gcc
Erithacus
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 19
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey, Green cheek conures, Lovebirds, Cockatiels and Bulbul.
Flight: Yes

Postby TheNzJessie » Tue May 25, 2010 5:17 am

haha yeh keas i love there personality but not the part where they strip your car of every part of rubber!!!!
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie

Postby tacotaco » Tue May 25, 2010 2:10 pm

I would really love a miligold macaw (mix of a military and blue and gold) one day. THEY'RE SO BEAUTIFUL!!
Charlie ~ Nanday Conure
Allegra ~ Gold Capped Conure
Willow ~ Blue fronted Amazon
Autumn ~ Nanday Conure
Kim ~ Me!
Our Blog ~ http://www.lifeistemp.blogspot.com
Our YouTube~ http://www.youtube.com/user/icanpwnUn00b?feature=mhum]
tacotaco
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Nanday Conures (2), Gold Capped Conure, Blue fronted Amazon

Postby Marnie » Tue May 25, 2010 7:47 pm

my favorite type would be the Indian Ringneck so i should have picked "parakeets" i guess since its the same family . i had a pair of them right beside my 2 budgies and there were no similarities other than long tails. not onlywere they beautiful, they were so cool and fun to watch. so eager to try new foods and toys. they come in so many pretty colors and mutations too.

my 1st bird was a mynah and he was a fantastic bird and excellent talker. i remember how he used to go to bed at exactly 8:30 pm. he would hop to the bottom of his cage and get in his tent which i made out of newspapers.

my amazon was amazing too, she was a lot of bird for us and yes she was quite loud but we enjoyed having her for 10yrs.
now i have my 1st Senegal and she is just right for me. i think i am in love! :D

but i still hope to one day find a nice hand tame Indian Ringneck , so i may get lucky and find one.

birds are just amazing creatures
Marnie
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: IRN
LoveBirds
Flight: No

Postby TheNzJessie » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:47 pm

my favorite type of bird would be the lorikeet, and my favorite subspecies would be the rainbow lorikeet with no question. there are so different to any other kind of bird attitude wise. they are always happy and want to be around you every minute of every day no matter how much time you spend with him if they are in there cage and they can see you they are wanting to come out and cling to you as long as they want!. other species of birds you can out back in there cage and they will happy play with something but the lorikeet will never accept the fact that you want some peace and quiet! basically to sum up a rainbow lorikeet is that you are its favorite toy, going to the pet store and buying it toys are useless because if you are in the room they want to hang out with you and you only.(but they play with toys if your not around :)) :thumbsup:

and there movement is the funniest ever they like to jump and hop everywhere instead of walking or flying. they will do forward rolls to show off (not trained) they lie on there backs for a belly scratch and will throw toys in the air (and try to catch them) and they will lie on there back in your arms and fall asleep (like a baby) oh and they talk in there sleep and talk while they eat in other words they dont shut up :) but its not screeching its just a mumbling sound
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie

Postby BirdIsTheWord » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:59 pm

I love the cockatoos, they have such a personality.
BirdIsTheWord
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Bare-eyed Cockatoo
Flight: No

Postby skeetersunconure » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:15 pm

i love all parrots they are all so beautiful! i love macaws and would love to have some one day and i have a sunconure however the southamerican birds are very loud!!!!! :? so that is the only drawback :violin: but i would love to also have an african grey one day.
skeetersunconure
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: sun conure

Postby Ark » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:50 pm

I prefer the African Parrots by far, though I picked Poicephalus rather then pick other. I really adore Lovebirds, though I'd be a little too afraid to bring one home for fear of him getting into trouble with the big guys.
Ark
Cockatiel

Types of Birds Owned: Psittacus erithacus erithacus. Psittacus erithacus timneh.

Postby Kim S » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:07 pm

To make an emotionally educated choice. African parrots seem to get me. Or I get the parrot, not sure.
The colourfull macaws are beautifull, but personally I find the different shades of grey in an AG just mesmerising.
Kika: Senegal Parrot.
Guus: Cockatiel, Yellowcheek, cinnamon, pearl, pied.
Kim S
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal (1)

Postby Ark » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Kim S wrote:To make an emotionally educated choice. African parrots seem to get me. Or I get the parrot, not sure.
The colourfull macaws are beautifull, but personally I find the different shades of grey in an AG just mesmerising.

Well said, I feel the same way.
Ark
Cockatiel

Types of Birds Owned: Psittacus erithacus erithacus. Psittacus erithacus timneh.

PreviousNext

Return to Parrot Species