Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Wating to know colour rarity

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Wating to know colour rarity

Postby InsanityShard » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:25 am

This Budgie is a true albino, I have no idea how this pic will come up on here as the site I posted it on expands it, which is why I haven't posted images from there before. This is my new budgie, he has red eyes and everything. He has a single brown marking, just over one eye. No other markings at all aside from the one shown in this picture. I really hope it comes up properly.

InsanityShard
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Budgie
Flight: Yes

Re: Wating to know colour rarity

Postby InsanityShard » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:26 am

Well that didn't work at all... It's a full pure white albino with red eyes and everything, but has a very strong light brown marking over his eye, a big spot that goes to the back of the head. I'm fairly sure it's a girl. I said his before because I'm really not entirely sure. But while the budgie is a baby the top of the beak is partly light brown, but it almost seems as though the marking extends over the beak.
InsanityShard
Conure

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:31 am

No, the picture did not show... but is this a third budgie? Because, if it is, you will need to get a fourth one as three budgies never work out.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby InsanityShard » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:55 pm

Well, it would have been 4 if Chatters hadn't gotten out the door. ;-; Still, I can't get another budgie for another 2 weeks, since I used the last of my pay on the two I got today. I have this one and a dirty yellow pied one I still can't figure out a good name for.
InsanityShard
Conure

Postby InsanityShard » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:24 pm

You can't see it due to the bad quality image, but her eyes are red.
InsanityShard
Conure

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:59 am

Ive had 3 budgies before and they all got along great I had 2 bonded Males and a baby Female who spent most of her time with me she died very young at 4 months old unknown.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby Pajarita » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:16 am

If that is a baby, you have a male there and not a female (see the lighter rings around the nares?) You already lost one budgie?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby InsanityShard » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:16 pm

The reason I'm sure this is a female is the beak is mostly brown, while on my other two males it's mostly blue. Also, yeah, like Tweety used to he pulled up the cage door and got out through the front door. ;-;
InsanityShard
Conure

Postby InsanityShard » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:34 pm

OH GOD I HAVE MY MUMS CURSE WHERE I CAN NEVER OWN YELLOW BUDGIES FOR MORE THAN 4 MONTHS! This morning, Apple was dead on the cage floor, having been puffed up and sleepy yesterday. And Bonejingle is fluffed up too! Help! ;=; I don't know what to do... Please tell me what to do... My mum says there's nothing I can do but wait and see if he pulls through...
InsanityShard
Conure

Postby InsanityShard » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:33 pm

My mum took a good look at Bonejingle. She says he's underweight and has a cold, since he's been sneezing. So I have now fully cleaned the cage out and changed over their water/food bowls...
InsanityShard
Conure

Next

Return to Parrot Species