Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Lovebirds

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Lovebirds

Postby lovebirdlover » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:03 am

:lovebird: Hi my friend is giving me a a blue blackmasked lovebird because her pair of lovebirds are having eggs and in the first cluch i was supposed to get one. But she took them to her local store that helps u sell the pets like rabbits,mice,gerbils,chincilas,some reptiles, and of course birds. They also have cages you can buy for what animal you get. So anyway she took them there because she thought they whould have more eggs, but they did'nt well not yet at least. But i was really wondering if someone could tell me a little bit about lovebirds, I know I should get a book but what is the best book I should get so I can be ready for the bird

:thanks: Anthony
bluemaskedlovebirds
lovebirdlover
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Lovebird
Flight: Yes

Re: Lovebirds

Postby budgiebuddy » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:26 am

Well, I am not an expert on love birds. BUT I can say that you should be prepared for alot of lovely music(chirping). There can never be a best book. It is your opinion witch is the best. All I can say is one from your local petstore would probably be a good choice! Good luck with your new bird. :thumbsup:
budgiebuddy
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: budgie

Postby Kim S » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:19 am

I'm no good on lovebirds either, but informing yourself about a bird is the same for any species.

Start on the internet. Search for lovebirds on google, and read all you can about them.
Go to the library, see what books they have, read them all.
Then go back to the internet, search for breeders in your area, and go visit them. That way you can see the birds in person and see what they are like. If you know anybody in your environment that has tame lovebirds, ask if you can handle them.

Then you need to ask yourself. Can this bird give me what I want from it, and do I want what it will give me?

Like said, there is no 'one' book about any bird. Personal experience is the key, and you can only get that by doing things. Plus, every birds has a character of his/her own. No bird will conform to the book-standards.
Kika: Senegal Parrot.
Guus: Cockatiel, Yellowcheek, cinnamon, pearl, pied.
Kim S
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal (1)

Postby lovebirdlover » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:51 am

thank you all for the wonderfull help :)
bluemaskedlovebirds
lovebirdlover
Lovebird

Types of Birds Owned: Lovebird

Return to Parrot Species