Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Caique Life

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Caique Life

Postby IncaBinka » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:59 pm

I have a 2 year old BHC. As you can imagine it's like having a flying toddler who's eaten too many blue smarties...I also have a little yellow sided green cheek. He came to me in quite a state but is much, much happier and healthier these days and although has never quite gotten the hang of being silly tame, he secretly quite likes a little ear scritch now and again. :D
I'm hoping to move them both into an outdoor aviary July/August time and am currently trying to design them something that would suit their needs as best I can. There's part of me that is leaning towards trying them together.... so, my question is...

Has anybody had their conure in with other species? I'm only finding negative comments about their social (or lack of) behaviours without any real backing so was wondering if anybody here had any first hand experiences with keeping their caiques in mixed flocks or even with just another species of bird?

Thank you so much! :gcc:
IncaBinka
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Caique and conure
Flight: Yes

Return to Parrot Species