Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Kakapo (Strigops habroptilus)

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Re: Kakapo (Strigops habroptilus)

Postby TheNzJessie » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:49 am

hey birdvet are you based in auckland? if so do you own a clinic at all?

and bird vet someone came up in my recommended people on facebook too add and they are holding a kakapo chick. is your name lisa by any chance lol?
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Postby birdvet » Tue May 03, 2011 8:35 pm

Hey
I'm the Zoo Vet at Wellington Zoo so nope, don't own a practice and don't plan to if I can help it...private practice is not my thing, I like Wildlife medicine :D . If you need a good bird vet up in Auckland go to Kevin Turner, he's not board certified or anything but has heaps of experience and attends all the AAVAC meetings and has done lots of avian continuing education. He owns Lynfield vet hospital.
And yip, my name is Lisa and I'm holding little Solstice while she wakes up from anaesthetic in that profile picture.
birdvet
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Nanday Conure, Indian Ringneck, Crimson Wing Parakeet, Sun Conure,

Postby TheNzJessie » Wed May 04, 2011 1:17 am

awesome i have never been to welly zoo but plan to before i start captive wild animals and unitec next year, iv only been to franklin zoo (volunteer there) auckland zoo hamilton zoo and paradise valley. but everyone is telling me to visit wellington zoo :)
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie

Previous

Return to Parrot Species