Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

african greys

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

african greys

Postby rlchic93 » Tue May 10, 2011 10:19 pm

Ok I have a question, I have been looking at alot of birds lately and it seems like every african grey I have looked at is very timid and bitey. So my question is to al the grey owners have you found yours to he this way or is it just the little ones I have been looking at?
rlchic93
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: No

Re: african greys

Postby Michael » Tue May 10, 2011 10:30 pm

I don't have an African Grey but from the ones I've met I got the same impression except the ones that were so young they hadn't gotten to that stage. Not sure about how they are with proper care and training though so I can't tell you. But the weened babies I've experienced are timid and bitey whereas baby Senegals are not. They melt you away with their sweetness so you'd get them and then they become bitey later. :senegal:
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Return to Parrot Species