Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

If I ever get another

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

If I ever get another

Postby Munchy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:54 pm

it will be a Queen of Bavaria. I have been looking at pictures of them and reading descriptions of their personalities, and discovered they are exactly what I am looking for. Now I say this knowing full well I will not get another bird for at least another two or three years. And it will depend upon how much time I have to spend with it, without taking time away from Disney. I have always thought I would like another parrot, since when I picked Disney up he was sitting in a cage with three Hans Macaws and seemed happy. But of course I love them all, meaning all the species of birds. I would like someday for Disney to have a bird friend. But I don't want to get one that could potentially be lethal, like a Senegal or Caique. I found a male that will be at the Pomona Bird Expo this November. Would be nice to go have a look.
Munchy
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Half Moon Conure
Flight: Yes

Re: If I ever get another

Postby Munchy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:25 pm

I don't know. I keep looking at birds for sale. My husband came home and saw a breeders site up on the computer and asked "Are we getting another bird?" Of course I told him no. But maybe some day, I will get another. If I ever make up my mind. I got Disney real quick after deciding I wanted a bird. I couldn't decide between a Senegal and a Half Moon, my emotions got the best of me so I choose a Half Moon. I know it was the right decision, But I think a mini Macaw like a yellow collared or a hans etc... or most likely another conure, like a dusky, or a gold cap, or maybe even a blue crown? we'll see... in a couple of years. What happens... :macaw3:
Munchy
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Half Moon Conure
Flight: Yes

Return to Parrot Species