Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Stan and Ollie's progress.

Exchange information about how to teach specific tricks to parrots. Most of these techniques should apply to all bird species. Share your success stories.

Stan and Ollie's progress.

Postby dohcsvt » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:35 pm

I have been training my little guys for about 3.5 months now and all is well. They both know the following tricks
Target
Wave
Turn around
Fetch

It took Ollie a REALLY long time to get fetch, but we are there. he had an AHA moment a few days ago and now its like second nature.

Ollie is REALLY good at shaking hands and Stan is stil learning, but he is coming along very well.

Lastly, Ollie will play dead. I will put him on my right hand and make a gun with my left hand. I point it at him and say "BANG" and he will then hang upside down from my finger. It is very CUTE AND I will have to post a video. Stanley, had not even tried this yet.

But the guys are doing well and I plan to continue working with them 6 days a week like a currently do.
Stanley the Sun Conure :sun:
Ollie the Green Cheek Conure :gcc:
Stan and Ollie the great comedy duo, always making me chuckle!!
dohcsvt
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: A green cheek conure and a sun conure.
Flight: No

Re: Stan and Ollie's progress.

Postby cml » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:28 am

Good to hear from you and your two fellas. I look forward to the video with the play dead trick =)!
Stitch (WFA) and Leroy (BWP)
cml
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: White fronted amazon, Bronze winged pionus
Flight: Yes

Postby Zazu » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:03 am

Congratulations! Also looking forward to a video :)

It's always encouraging seeing your posts as I also have Green Cheek and seem to always be working on the trick you just finished teaching your birds. Zazu has been having some trouble with fetch too... but more because he tends to move as far away as possible from anything that isn't his already known toy or target stick....hopefully he will have an AHA moment like your little one. He's already pretty much perfected targeting, wave, shake, and turn around-fetch here we come!
Zazu
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
Flight: Yes

Postby dohcsvt » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:02 pm

I meant to make a video during my Christmas break, but never got to it. Maybe here soon I will make one and post it up.
Stanley the Sun Conure :sun:
Ollie the Green Cheek Conure :gcc:
Stan and Ollie the great comedy duo, always making me chuckle!!
dohcsvt
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: A green cheek conure and a sun conure.
Flight: No

Return to Parrot Trick Training