Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Great Improvement

Exchange information about how to teach specific tricks to parrots. Most of these techniques should apply to all bird species. Share your success stories.

Great Improvement

Postby mtaylor1021 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:30 am

I had a great weekend with my bird. He learned the "Wings" trick only I use "Stick 'em up!" as the command using my fingers like guns. It seems like the more I train him the tamer he gets too. Yesterday I opened the cage door and he came right out and hopped on my finger; such a huge improvement. When I first started training him I either had to grab him out with my hand or use millet seed to coax him out. I got him to stand on my shoulder last night, but he doesn't seem to like it there for some reason, maybe he's just not used to being so close to my face.
mtaylor1021
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Lutino Budgie
Flight: No

Re: Great Improvement

Postby Komodeno » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:03 am

Congratulation for you and your bird. That is so good to hear. I'm training my birds too but still progress is small. I hope they will be much more in to training when they advance a bit.
Keep it up.
Komodeno
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: African Gray
Macaw
Goffin Cockatoo
Flight: Yes

Return to Parrot Trick Training