Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Is sleeping like this normal?

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Is sleeping like this normal?

Postby Mikotheparrot » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:18 am

So I have an alexandrine parrot and she is 2 months old.
I have had her for almost 20 days now and I think that she has started to recognise me.
When I got her she used to ignore me a lot but now there are times when she comes to me on her own.
She used to be alert while sleeping but bow she sleeps on my hand too with both of her eyes closed.
Lately I noticed that when I kept her on floor she used to try to clib on my body(does that mean that I successfully tamed her?).
So I started keeping her on my chest and noticed that she loved that place and she loves sleeping there.
She first stands and sleep and after some time she sleeps on her stomach.
Is sleeping on stomach normal for baby parrots?
Mikotheparrot
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: PARROT
Flight: Yes

Re: Is sleeping like this normal?

Postby Pajarita » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:17 am

I am sorry but I don't understand the 'sleeping on her stomach' - do you mean without perching? If so, yes, they do it like that if they are on a flat surface. Make sure she is getting two kinds of soft food every day and, at least, twice a day hand feeding.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to General Parrot Care